Dec 12 2012
I’ve written before about the necessity of a good playlist to make it through a winter’s worth of erg rowing. Now that I am training for the CRASH-B sprints (Feb. 17 in Boston, registration now open until Jan 7), I back to messing around with playlists on my android phone.
Row2k — the best source of all rowing news online — has a feature on erg playlists and a poll to vote for your favorite (I voted for Rammstein’s Du Hast as it is prominent on my go-to list and is utterly teutonic sturm und drang). I also respect the Rage Against the Machine on Row2k’s list, but have to puke on Jackson Brown. Now to go compile this sucker off of Amazon and load it up for my next bout with the Wheel of Pain.
- 2 Unlimited – Get Ready For This
- AC/DC – Thunderstruck
- Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
- Blur – Song 2
- Drowning Pool – Bodies
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- Europe – The Final Countdown
- Jackson Browne – Running on Empty
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger
- Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations
- Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
- Rage Against the Machine – Killing in the Name Of
- Rammstein – Du Hast
- Skrillex – Kyoto
- Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
If you row and you read Row2k you owe them a contribution. Send them $60 and get an awesome t-shirt. No site matches the depth of their coverage, the completeness of their calendar, the awesomeness of the features, the relevance of their news and the usefulness of their classifieds.